[rollei_list] Rolleiflex TLR viewfinder magnifying lenses

  • From: John Wild <jwild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:41:32 +0100

Having a collection of secondhand TLRs, I have found that with some I can
focus on the screen using the magnifier but others are all blurred.
Obviously previous owners have changed the magnifier dioptre lens to suit
their own eyesight. Unfortunately, there do not seem to be any markings on
the lenses. Is there a way of testing to see what dioptre strength they are?

Another question: is there a 'pool' of these lenses that one can make
exchanges?

Yours blurredly,

John