[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 2.8C with Rolleinar 1

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:46:11 -0300

2011/7/11 Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>:
> Carlos,
> Nice portrait.  I am impressed by the quality of the 2.8 Xenotar even with
> the Rolleinar 1.  Wished I had kept the 2.8 E Xenotar I bought locally two
> years ago but it had a little bit too much fungus/mold inside. Only kept the
> German instruction and accessories booklets.
> Are you still able to get Microdol-X in Argentina?
> Who does your CLA's?

Thank you Jan. My 2.8C Xenotar was always a very good lens, after my
father abandoned the photography hobby and I went to study at other
city, the 2.8C was kept in a closet for some years. When I got again
the camera at the beginning of '90s I discovered three white points
like little webs within the Xenotar, fungi. I sent camera (and lens)
to "Casa Schwarz" at Buenos Aires city, they were and they are
Schneider Kreuznach representatives in Argentina and they are
photographic accesories manufacturers too. They did an excellent work
with the Xenotar, camera and lens came back like new in 1991, it was
the only time the Xenotar was serviced; now, twenty years later, I see
a bit of dust between the elements. Casa Schwarz also serviced my
former Rolleimagic, very good work again; the problem with Casa
Schwarz is that they work like a big company and you have no contact
with the technicians, you are a client number and then I use them for
significant works only, now I sent them the Voigtländer VSL3 E and the
two lenses:
http://www.casaschwarz.com/sitio/contenido.php?id=7630

In general I prefer "persons" like technicians, Harry Fleenor did an
excellent work to restore my 3.5F including some spare parts difficult
to find here. Walter Ruedt, the former Rollei Official Service head
for Argentina, did a great job for my Rolleicord IV a few years ago,
he even painted some little areas of  the camera, it's a pitty Walter
had a stroke last year, he is fine now but he lost a bit of handling
for one of his hands and is no longer working on cameras. Victor
Nasello is other technician at Buenos Aires city speciallized on Leica
cameras that did a good CLA for the 2.8C and Rollei 35 a few years
ago, I'll send him my Pentax and the Diax IIa for the same purpose
soon.
Eddy Smolov restored my Contax II and it works very good, excellent; I
have heard Eddy has retired for health reasons, it's a pitty if the
rumor is true, a very good technician and a very approachable person.

Yes Jan, Kodak Argentina is still distributing the Microdol X here,
but I heard these are the lasts months.