[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 2.8A - Zeiss Jena Tessar

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:54:40 -0300

2011/11/17 Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> At 03:17 PM 11/17/2011, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>>2011/11/17 Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>>
>>> The box read, "Rolleiflex 2.8".  The "A" was only added to the boxes for
>>> the
>>> accessories after the B appeared.  I used to own a bunch of this stuff
>>> and
>>> can verify that such was the case.
>>>
>>> Marc
>>
>>Yes Marc, it does not change the fact it was designed "A" by the
>>factory before they started the camera production.
>>Talking about the pre-war 2.8A CZ Jena lenses ( I recall a interesting
>>topic about them), the Report 2 shows a 1951 "2.8A protoype" (never
>>produced) with a CZ Jena Tessar 2,8/80 lens #2311331 from 1938.-
>
> Carlos
>
> Kindly walk out of the corporate design room long enough to understand that
> the 2.8 was marketed as the 2.8.  In polite parlance, there never was a
> 'Rolleiflex 2.8A".
>
> I have no idea of the significance of your second point.  The Rolleiflex 2.8
> was equipped with CZJ Tessars dating from 1938.  That was established a
> decade back or more.
>
> Marc

I won't discuss about the angels sex, it was the 2.8A model for the
factory, there was no other Rolleiflex 2.8 model in the market at the
time and then it was marketed as 2.8, it used its original name when a
second and different Rolleiflex 2.8 model was manufactured. My second
point has to do with the old topic mentioned in my post, it was only a
thought recalling it.-