[rollei_list] Re: Rollei accessories vintage?

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:11:06 -0400

At 05:43 PM 10/25/2011, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>The Rolleikin was thought to use
>35mm B&W bulk film mainly, there were three Rolleikin I versions
>before commercial 35mm color film for still photography appeared in
>the German market; Kodachrome did necessary a fourth Rolleikin

Carlos

Prior to World War II, 35mm film was marketed in 'loads' for fitment to a proprietary cassette made by the camera manufacturer. The purchaser would unwrap the load in the dark, load the cassette, and then shoot the film in his camera. This was long before the era of 100-foot bulk rolls and Watson loaders.

Around 1935, Kodak pioneered the universal cassette in which miniature-format (35mm) film has been marketed ever since, even unto our own day.

Marc

It is a good world for doing good deeds.
-- Nathaniel the Faun