[rollei_list] Re: Rollei TLR sighting!

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 22:36:16 -0400

If you page through Vogue, as I find myself doing (becuase my wife brings it home and leaves it where I can not help but find it) you'll see classic cameras in many shoots. I think it's the photographers, or the art directors, trying to grapple with the loss.

E.

On Apr 13, 2008, at 9:01 PM, Stan Yoder wrote:
Perhaps some of you have seen it: in the ad pack of our Sunday paper today is a flyer by Target Stores. On the front are three female models. The middle one, arms akimbo, is holding a Rollei TLR. No, not a digital P&S; yes, a Rollei TLR! Not sure what the point is, other than that it gets the camera away from her face. Wouldn't think a girl that age (or most readers, for that matter) would have the least idea of how it works, or even what it is. Just, "Here! Hold this!"

It's sorta like those full-page ads for "Trainload Sale" showing a steam locomotive with a "choo-choo" balloon at the top. Except that Rolleis are still being made.

Stan Yoder