[rollei_list] Re: Rollei RF

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 19:42:50 -0300 (ART)

Elias:
       There was a pretty complete thread about the
Rollei 35 RF in Thursday, 28 September 2006 and then I
copied the main messages from that topic, the RF was a
Bessa/Cosina camera with some special cosmetics
features and Rollei optics under Zeiss license, it was
a very expensive camera and it almost incredible the
way it is cheap now, it is no longer manufactured, you
can find more info and an interesting URL below (the
older messages are at the end of the page):
Carlos

"I found in my files the URL test for the 2.8/80
Planar
for the RF, as you can read, the lens is excellent and
it does not have falloff because it was designed for
the 6x6 format as I explained, the test includes the
Sonar 40mm; I also found in my files that Cosina made
the Rollei 35 RF body and the lenses barrel, however
the glasses were made and fitted and adjusted and
calibrated by Rollei in Germany using Schott glass and
under Zeiss license:

http://www.popphoto.com/assets/download/2132004153457.pdf

All the best
Carlos