[rollei_list] Re: Rodinal Question

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 15:46:47 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Laderberg" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:34 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rodinal Question

Quite true, but I think the earlier bottles that were equipped with rubber stoppers were the best.

The corks have evidently been gone a long time. I suspect they seal the bottle better than a screw cap with a gasket on it. The old Rodinal also had a few crystals of developing agent in it. In the various formulas for making Rodinal the crystals are considered important. Evidently they add to the shelf life. Since Rodinal has always been proprietary no one can be sure which of the several formulas and methods of making your own is closest to the factory method. Also, it appears that Agfa changed Rodinal more than once since the color and viscosity were noticably different at times.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA