[rollei_list] Re: Rigid Tessar 50/3.5 (Re: "different types of black boxes")

  • From: "Douglas Shea" <dshea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 12:03:45 -0600

Doug,

All true, but I've never seen or heard of a RIGID f3.5
Tessar in a Contax mount.

BTW, have you seen Harry Scherer's prices to refurbish
a Contax ?  A IIa for example, which would be the most
simple of the Contaxes.

Is it true that Contaxes have all the controls etc. in the
opposite direction because E. Leitz had the patent
rights to a right hand thread?  :-)

Jerry

Jerry,
Henry has done six cameras for me, and I honestly consider his fee an
absolute bargain for the work he performs. More cameras are ruined or
superficially treated by hacks that don't do the thorough disassembly,
cleaning, lubrication, and adjusting that Henry does. When the camera is
returned from his shop it is right, and will perform as it was designed for
many years. If attachments are allowed on the list I'll send a picture of a
rigid 50/3.5 Tessar on my Contax II (I just happened to have a shot
available), it's a lovely little lens -- different in appearance from the
other Zeiss lenses of that era.

Doug