[rollei_list] Possibly OT: two tlr camera stereo query

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:00:04 EST

I'm having a small family gathering tomorrow and desire to shoot a couple
rolls of 120 but would like to try for a stereo effect with the small finished
prints mounted on cards for viewing.

I don't have a stereo camera for this so the plan is to make a bracket and
mount two identical TLRs side by side and fire them simultaneously.   From the
little information gleaned so far I find the spacing between the  two taking
lenses will be roughly twice the recommended distance giving hyper  stereo
views more suited to distant objects.

Curious if anyone here has tried this method making closer people pictures
and if it will work as hoped for?  Should the cameras be canted a bit  toward
the centerline between the two or mounted straight on?
Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Health, Peace
Lance
Selma, NC 27576