[rollei_list] Re: OT f-stop progressions

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:49:12 -0300

It's true and one of the few exceptions is my Pentax A ED Green Star*
SMC 2.8/200mm (6 elements-6 groups)prime lens, great manual lens, the
first element has a pretty impressive diameter for a 35mm format lens,
the smallest f/stop is f 32. This lens has 8 big blades forming the
iris and they form like a second little iris around the f/stop
aperture from f/11 to f/32, it's like a little "flower"  clearly
protruding from the iris aperture at f/32  to reduce difraction. I
don't recall if I used it at f/32, I think not because I always use it
camera handheld, this is its technical data:

http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/primes/tele/A200f2.8.html

Carlos