[rollei_list] Re: OT: Voigtlander Avus - 1st Results

  • From: J Patric Dahlén <jenspatricdahlen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 17:52:33 +0000

Nice results, Jan. It looks like the focus is ok.

The 13,5 cm Tessar is sharpest stopped down to 16 - 22. I find it a little,
just a little, sharper than the 13,5 cm Heliar on my Bergheil. The Orthostigmat
is sharper than both, though.

I've read somewhere that Ektar in 120 is colder than the 135 version, so it's
either that or the development/scanning. A warming filter, like the 81B might
help, but they are difficult to find in slip-on mount. You would need an
adapter or have a filter cut to fit in a slip-on mount.

B+W and Heliopan made slip-on filters until one or two years ago. Typical,
isn't it? :-/

Other cool lenses I've tried is a rare 6,8/18cm Opt-Werke Rüdersdorf IRICENTOR.
A sharp six element lens I have on an Ihagee 9x12 camera. I will find an Avus
for it that will fit my film holders better, or make/get an adapter so I can
use it on my 9x12 Bergheil. A Goerz Dagor 6,3/135mm DOGMAR that I have a 6,5X9
Bergheil adapter on. It's VERY sharp, but susceptible to flare.

I've got nine 9x12 plate holders for Voigtländer, and eight film sheaths, which
is enough for me. But I don't have a 9x12 enlarger yet, so I'm building one I
can use until I find a cheap enlarger near me. MG filters for large format are
expensive, so I will make my own using OH-film and inkjet printer. :-D

/Patric

Med Windows Live kan du ordna, redigera och dela med dig av dina foton.
http://www.microsoft.com/sverige/windows/windowslive/products/photo-gallery-edit.aspx