[rollei_list] OT: The Junior Birdmen

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 00:47:09 -0400

At 11:38 PM 5/28/2009, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>   Or harmonic liberty either, except for Musian's Union
>folk. At some point someone was calling me Don Recardo. I
>will have to learn Spanish and use that as my radio name.
>   I accept your offer of membership and will send in the
>requisite number of box-tops as soon as I can get to Smart
>and Final (or is it Smith and Wesson or Free and Peters, or
>Funk and Wagnals, or Hither and Yon, or someone else with
>two names).
>   All you Anti-Gravity People I Call On You To RISE UP^

Circa 1937

Up in the air, Junior Birdmen!  Up in the air, upside down!
Up in the air, Junior Birdmen, with your noses to the ground.

And it takes

FIVE Bottle-bottoms
Four box-tops
Three coupons
Two labels
And ONE thin dime!

So when you hear the announcer, you men with wings of tin,
You will know Junior Birdmen will send their box-tops in.

Further verses would be appreciated. But, shucks, I am always interested in that wildspread example of USian pornography, "Bang-Bang, Lulu".

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!