[rollei_list] Re: OT: Talk Like a Pirate Day

  • From: "Jeffrey L. Bromberger" <jeffrey@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:16:07 -0400

Eric Goldstein wrote:

> I ate there! The food tasted just like the name sounded!

Considering a scupper is [SPOILER ALERT] just a hole in a wall, I always had
the question of how you get a rusty one.  Rusty floor, maybe.  But a hole?

Besides, before they had metal decked ships, when they used very little
metal in the construction of a seagoing vessel, you'd never see rust,
anyhows.  Pirate ships, I presume, had more to fear from shipworms than
ferric oxide.

As to the food critique - there's a review out there (found it through
google) where the author basically agreed with your description.  So except
for not getting a matchbook or a business card, it seems that I've missed
little when the Scupper was Scuttled.

Jeffrey L. Bromberger
jeffrey@xxxxxxxx