[rollei_list] Re: OT Re: A Zeiss-Binocular Meet? OT OT again

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:33:20 -0500

At 05:09 PM 8/28/2008, you wrote:
Yes, count me in with these new-fangled Schott products (besides the filter and lens Schott glass items that I have). I have a Thermador hybrid stovetop. Hybrid because two elements are infrared (glowing red surrounded by all that black) and three elements are induction. And they are 'cool' but they generate all that heat in the cooking vessel.

Interesting about those induction heaters. One would think, based on the Magneform metal forming products, that the magnetic pressure between the induction coil and the cooking vessel would tend to lift the vessel.

Do these induction systems require a special kind of cooking pan?

Anyhow, we tend to like the stove, although we tried to have it exchanged for a dual fuel (Dacor,in particular) while the house was being built, but we were too late. We liked the dual fuel system (gas cooktop, cools off immediately when the gas is turned off, and electric range because of the good temperature control.)

Now we like the Schott ceramic cooktop because you can use a razor blade to clean it if necessary.

DAW