[rollei_list] Re: OT: New project released

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 20:55:44 -0700

I shot the buildings straight on, up to three floors. With detail shots of key architectural elements. Just about everything was shot with a Tokina 12-24mm. I switched to a longer zoom for the close in detail shots. That also including cracks in the street, paint, bumps, you name it. The sun didn't matter. Some of the racing was even made to look like night.

S.

On Aug 8, 2008, at 5:53 PM, ERoustom wrote:

Great work! Hard to keep eye off race car to see buildings.
Did you have to shoot each facade head on (using a perspective correcting lens) or did the animators stretch everything into position?
Did you have keep the sun in the same place for every shot?
They/you did a good job because it's hard to tell if the buildings aren't 3D models.

E.

On Aug 8, 2008, at 3:34 AM, slobodan dimitrov wrote:

My most recent big project;

Watch in high quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP6HF-MgAAw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg5UsnMjWDc

I shot the Long Beach and San Francisco cityscapes; street surfaces, buildings, trees, etc.
Somewhere around 45,000 to 55,000 exposures were shot.
That was the easy part. Coding every shot afterwards was a real pain.
Oh, yes, I do shoot digital!
But I still prefer my Rollei....
Slobodan Dimitrov

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org