[rollei_list] Re: OT: Marc's Non Leitz LTM lenses book

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 20:49:55 -0300

Marc:
          I wrote my honest opinion on the book, it could be true that
some discussions are dated as you suggested, but the book general
content surpasses them.
I have a book about the Walter Voss Diax cameras made in Ulm, Germany,
from 1947 to 1957, written by Peter Geisler, a German
collector/researcher, where you can find data about these cameras and
their lenses and other cameras and their lenses -he compares different
models- difficult to find in other sources, only 150 books were
printed; f.e I knew thanks to this book who was the young engineer
that designed the Rolleimeter, the stereo camera prototype based on
the TLR and the Rolleimarin for this camera, Hans Logè, he left F&H to
be Walter Voss technical head and designed among other cameras, the
Diax IIb based on the IIa in 1957. A few years ago he (Hans Logé)
contacted me via his son and sent me a stereo photograph he took with
the stereo prototype, one of the three prototypes was sold for almost
$30,000 some years ago by the Köln team.
Your book also has data about very rare lenses and shows very nice
photographs on cameras and lenses and accesories, the endnotes have
interesting info very much.-

Carlos