[rollei_list] Re: OT: 35mm RF system (summary)

  • From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:39:46 -0500

If you ever get a chance to handle a Soviet Contax copy (Kiev), notice how
DIFFERENT they are in quality.

And I have to disagree with Marc on the brightness of the viewfinder. Mine,
at least, is much dimmer than all of my other rangefinders except the Leica
IIIf. But it is very usable.

Here is a shot from a few weeks ago using the Contax IIa with 50/1.5 Sonnar.

http://www.400tx.com/Phillip.html

The lens quality is there.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA