[rollei_list] New thread, Rollei FX

  • From: william schillereff <pastorbill6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 00:23:47 -0700

As you know I purchased one of these flexes for myself at Christmas time. I
have been in the process of moving out and moving in and resettling and
rebuilding a new life in a new location so I haven't had any time to do
anything but to develop negatives and to scan them and print them t
 VIA computer.  This eve was my first attempt to view them enlarged to the max
on a m601 Durst with a Rodenstock Lens. I compared them to Xenotar neg at same
enlargement. Both were remarkable but I am finally satisfied and impressed with
FX.

While this is not scientific the Rollei labeled 2.8 was very sharp with no
break-up and the contrast was outstanding, even with an image taken on the
Pacific coast on a rainy day. I chose to use no filtration on this roll and
managed to render dark brooding clouds and sharp pebbles on the beach
foreground.

You guys has a lot todo with my decision by your comments and I am pleased to
have taken the leap of faith.

Bill

Sent from my iPad