[rollei_list] Re: New URL, RUG Old Archives (1996 - 2004).

  • From: Emmanuel Bigler <Emmanuel.Bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:52:18 +0200

Thank you all for your support in the archival process !

We should thank Ferdi for supplying the necessary computer disk space
required for hosting the RUG archives.

By the way, I am celebrating this year my 10-th anniversary of reading and posting to this list.

The consequences, as far as I am concerned, are what was expected : I now own many more Rollei-F&H items that I'll ever be able to really use in real life. Another consequence : thanks to this list I could meet Dirk-Roger Schmitt in real life in Braunschweig and could make a visit with him to the Holy Temple of Salzdhalumer Straße. There, in 2006, Herr Dietmar Kanzer was kind enough to offer us memourable a private factory tour.

----
Regarding the crucial RUGger's question of "being a rollei camera collector or a user" : This year, Belgium opens in Brussels a brand new museum dedicated to the great painter René Magritte.
http://www.magrittemuseum.be/
One of my favourite paintings by Magritte is entitled : "This is not a pipe". http://damiblog.fr/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ceci-n-est-pas-une-pipe.jpg

So, following Magritte I can proudly state here :

"I am not a rollei collector"

All the best,

--
Emmanuel