[rollei_list] Myopia and Ground Glass

  • From: Bob James <starboy0@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:13:23 -0500

Just wondering if any of you have had the same experience.  I'm pretty near
sighted but have discovered if I take my glasses off the ground glass screen of
my Rollei, hanging at about my sternum, is perfectly sharp and in focus!  What
luck!  I can focus very easily this way and prefer this view to the magnifier
up position which requires my glasses to be on.

Something about both eyes looking down on the ground glass screen at a bit of a
distance than the right up against single eye view helps me to compose better.

Anyway I found it perversely auspicious that once I took off my -7 diopter
glasses and looked down into the Rollei hanging on my chest, that composing
screen was clear as a bell.

Bob