[rollei_list] Re: My new Rolleiflex

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 18:47:43 -0500

At 06:36 PM 10/20/2012, Carlos wrote:
I understand your take Don, but I enjoy film use, it's the reason I use film cameras mainly.

Carlos

Well, there's a bit more. When we were packing to move back here I just had too much stuff so I donated my Omega B22 and all darkroom stuff, just too much to deal with. I have found one box that has some trays, dried tongs, and other stuff in it. I have no idea who could use this but I may find someone who wants it.

In San Diego I actually had a darkroom with a vent fan, and various accessories, but no running water. No water wasn't a big deal but the vent was great to get rid of hypo smell, which is nice but only for a few minutes.

Starting around 1990 I did only color negatives and had them processed at CostCo or at Kodak via CostCo. They always came back with prints as well as an index sheet, and a CD. I got to like the convenience so I will probably stay all digital now, too much to do at age 80 to do any photo chemical work myself and there are very few places that do good work anymore. I have a garage full of 16X20 and 20X24 prints, some I did, and some done by some good shops in San Diego.

No place to display them, this house is now filled with art work.

DAW