[rollei_list] Re: "Manual paper" telemeter

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 06:59:57 -0300

This is part of my original post:

> 2012/7/5 CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>:
> My method to focus the Rollei 35 for short distances is to consider my
> height, I know my height and I imagine the number of times my body or
> part of my body lying on the ground could enter within the
> camera/subject distance and with the DOF help it works fine most of
> the times. There also is a method with a card and your arm:
> http://tomchuk.com/misc/rf/

The card rangefinder seems to work, I printed the card and tried it
comparing the distance according the card and measuring the same
distance, the method was not so exact initially but it reasonably
worked fine after a bit of practice,  but I never took a photograph
with the card. I'm used to the method also described above (my
height), I could see other Rollei 35 users adopt the "height" method
too.

Carlos