[rollei_list] Re: Lytro Camera

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 22:08:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Oct 31, 2011, at 08:55 AM, Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry to post twice on this, this should have been in my first reply.
The user agreement that accompanies the camera seems quite draconian, and it appears that the images are stored online on the companies website.
It also appears to be a Mac only application at this stage.
Its all a little odd.(vapor ware? very high computational costs? one can speculate...)

All the best
Laurence Cuffe

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 2:24 AM, Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone seen this camera?

https://www.lytro.com/renng-thesis.pdf

The above is the thesis, here is the product website:

http://www.lytro.com/

I realize the word Rolleiflex doesn't appear in the post but if you haven't heard of this concept, be prepared to be amazed.

DAW