[rollei_list] Re: Loss of Subscribers

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:57:43 -0400

At 06:33 PM 3/25/2010, Richard Knoppow wrote:
>      The report administrators get shows that in the last
>week ten people have unsubscribed from the list, some are
>long time subscribers. I looked back and do not see anything
>like this recently.
>      I think the recent, somewhat hot, OT discussions have
>chased them away. I think there has been just enough this
>and I will consider blocking some of the worst offenders if
>it continues.
>      We are _supposed_ to be ladies and gentlemen here,
>please lets try to behave like were even if not in real
>life. The rudeness and lack of civility of TV and radio
>discussion programs has invaded daily life too much, I don't
>want it here. The fact that it has become pervasive does not
>justify it.

Thanks for your thoughtful comments, Richard, but, at the least, we are back to discussing cameras (and I do hope that you have sent your contribution to WKHR!)

We lost more than half our members right after 9/11 when I refused to allow List discussions of the incident. We bounced back. We have had similar waves over the 18 year history of our List. It is the way with such Lists.

We are BOUND to have a declining membership as folks using Rolleiflex die off and as those who have never heard of Rolleiflex come to dominate photography. In 25 years, if I tell someone I own the Rolleiflex List, they will just look blank and call 911 for a psych pickup. Maybe I ought to do a shout-out on the IDCC and ZICG about the existence of this group.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!