[rollei_list] Re: Liquid Lenses

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 06:22:18 -0500

On Thursday, January 20, 2005, at 09:10  PM, Ardeshir Mehta wrote:

> The Minolta company even phoned me from Japan to ask about my patent (I
> had registered my idea with the US Patent Office in Washington), but
> they never followed up - for God alone knows what reason. (Maybe
> someone in their firm had already thought of the idea.)

NIH syndrome.  Not Invented Here.

There was a company some time ago that produced some prototypes using
an oil between two plates of flexible polymer.  It worked just as you
describe.  I don't know if this was before or after your idea.

I stopped taking patentable ideas to Japanese companies some time ago
because they always just stole the ideas and dared me to sue them.

Bob