[rollei_list] Re: Lens hood

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 15:38:28 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob James" <starboy0@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 2:50 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Lens hood

Hello. My Rolleiflex 2.8 FX arrived today! My first Rollei. Here is a question: Is there a trick to attaching the lens hood? Once I have it positioned on the lens it appears it wants to turn clockwise for the top edge to be horizontal. Problem is it won't turn that way easily anyway. It feels like I would have to force it way too much.

So I'm wondering if there is a trick to this? I did get a bay 3 hood and the 2.8 FX is bay 3 I believe.

Thanks and I can't wait to start using the Rolleiflex,

Bob James

You may have to push it in slightly while turning it but it should not take a lot of force. If its really resistant to turning examine both hood and bayonet on the camera for something out of line.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA