[rollei_list] Large enlargements

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:23:07 -0700

Noting that there has recently been a lot of postings about enlargers, etc., I'm reminded of an experience I had a while back.

Not having done any color enlargements since high school (55 years back, type C perhaps, also dye transfer), I have been sending my 2 1/4 transparencies to a commercial lab for 16X20 and 20X24 enlargements.

With the 20X24 prints I often get back a 4X5 inter-negative or transparency.

The shops say this is necessary for best quality.

I think I know the reason why, but would be interested in comments from folks who know about such things.

DAW