[rollei_list] Re: Jobo prices

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:07:23 -0400

On Friday, April 15, 2005, at 04:29  AM, Thor Legvold wrote:

> My B/W developer is throwing in the towel, so I either need to start
> developing myself or find another lab.
>
> She mentioned that she had purchased a new Jobo ATL-1500 last year, and
> would entertain any offers.
>
> I searched eBay, but didn't find anything recent in the completed
> listings.
>
> Any idea what a fair price is for this unit? Any idea what a "steal"
> price is for the unit?
>
> Anyone used (and can recommend) this model? I shoot mainly 120 APX and
> RVP, and would use it for B/W processing. Maybe even for 4x5 if I ever
> end up trying out a Speed/Crown Graphic some day.

I have the predecessor, the ATL-1000.  Pretty similar in general.

I didn't know what consistent black and white processing was until I
got this machine.  It has served me well for about 20 years.  I don't
remember what year they first came out, but I bought one that year.

I have no idea on prices for an ATL-1500.

I hope you are able to get it as it will change your view on film
processing.  You just load the reels, put the chemicals in the bottles,
turn it on and go about your other business.  It beeps at you when it
is finished.  It was a great time saver for me.  Before it I had one of
the JOBO manual processors.  They also do great work, but you have to
stand there and manually dump and fill the tank with the chemicals.
That was just plain boring to me!

Bob