[rollei_list] Re: Jerry's Computer

  • From: "Gene Johnson" <genej2ster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:30:09 -0800

I've been off this list for at least a year and first thing there's
another discussion about Jerry's poverty.  It's true.  The guy is
barely scraping by. I've been to Jerry's La Jolla hovel on a number of
occasions.  There's no view of the ocean, just the canyon.  There's
not even room for a decent speedboat in the garage with the Lexus in
there.  The caviar the servent offered me was Iranian, for heaven's
sake.

On 2/11/07, Peter K. <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well Jerry, you may have to leave your upper class wealthy
neighborhood and drive a town where the peasants live. There is
probably a Wal-mart in one of those "less wealthy" neighborhoods.

Geeez, and you try to tell me that not everyone is wealthy yet you
live in the most expensive are in So. Cal. Gimme a break Jerry, you
can buy a computer with your pocket change. ;-)

Peter K

On 2/10/07, Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> There are no Wal-Marts in La Jolla..
>
> Jerry
>

> Peter K. wrote:
> > Wealthy??? Hell, they once said that about television. A PC in the
> > home is like having a TV these days. You can pick one up very
> > reasonably Jerry. Even Wal-Mart sells them.
> >
> > On 2/10/07, Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Peter,
> >>
> >> Not all of us are lucky enough or wealthy enough to have a computer
> >> at home.
> >>
> >> Jerry

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬