[rollei_list] Re: Insane price on eBay

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 21:40:47 +0000 (GMT)

On 14 Sep, 2010,at 08:15 PM, Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So, maybe the prices were originally in Lira, and they forgot to
convert before listing it as $ or Euro.

Jim

Could be, but I checked with them and they have confirmed to me that the starting price is around $50,000 dollars.  I had thought it might be some confusion in the way we confused europeans write numbers, for some people the , is the decimal point and . is used as a seperator for thousands etc.
All the best
Larry Cuffe