[rollei_list] Re: In search of "Rollei Masters" (contribute and we'll forward this to rollei.de!)

  • From: andrearicci@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 19:44:29 +0200

Dear James, dear others
I will re-frame this
Given the current marketing efforts on both sides, who do you think will suffer more (in the coming 3 years) between Rollei and Hasselblad? Which of the two companies is in closer contact with its users and its market?
Concering the gear yes, what you say is close to apostasy ;-), I would not change any rollei with any true Blad
the difference is there
rolllei is undervalued
and is letting other companies acquire portions of its own market
the new leadership in rollei must get the message
either they become more vocal or they will suffer a great deal more

On Jul 4, 2005, at 11:25 PM, James Davis wrote:

andrearicci@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

The Hasselblad Masters represent "photography at its finest; at its
most inspired, most communicative, most beautiful."
What is your Rollei Master ?

I fear that what I'm about to say might be blasphemous but I'm not sure
that it's really meaningful to pick out photographers according to which
box and lens they buy into. The photographs are photographs and the
camera I'm sure can stand on it's own merits as a tool without having to
be used by a master.

Is there much that a Hasselblad camera can do that a Rollei can't and
vice-versa? Where one of those situations arises surely a good
photographer would make the appropriate choice between the two systems
when possible?

Anyhow I shall end me stand with the obvious answer of David Baily but
mainly because I love that portrait of Michael Caine.

James

--
http://jamesd.ukgeeks.co.uk/

--- Rollei List