[rollei_list] Re: I'm new here

  • From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:01:46 +0200

Peter - welcome to a great list!
The automat is a great camera - I have several by now (they tend to jump into my lab eveytime I pass a carboot sale or open an auction site :-) )
- anyway both the tessars and the xenars versions are fine - I actually like using my old 1951-1956 automats better than my GX 2,8 with planar though the newer and much more coated planar is a very good lens the camera does not have the same mechanical feel as the old automats.
You can still pick up an automat around 100 usd - it will not produce better pictures than the rolleicord but you may find it easier to use depending on the way you hold the camera.
Since I started using Rolleis my Hasselblad only gets out of the back when the 75 mm / 80 mm on the rolleis does not meet the task

best

Ruben

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter J Nebergall" <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>