[rollei_list] Re: I'm back again-again

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:29:54 -0800

Welcome back.

Slobodan Dimitrov
http://www.sdimitrovphoto.com/

On Jan 23, 2007, at 10:01 AM, Don Williams wrote:

This has been an interesting year, however I think I will be a bit more active now.

Some of you know that I had some heart surgery in June. Then, on Dec 7 I had both knees replaced. I always said my health was fine but now I'm beginning to wonder.

I treat all this as an adventure so it's no real problem for me, however getting my knees back to full strength will take a while. I am up and about, going to grandchild birthdays, etc., but am not taking serious pictures yet, just taking snapshots with a small digital we got last fall. It's probably the wrong thing to say on this forum, but digital shots are not that bad.

For anyone with a technical bent, and without a queasy stomach, I can send copies of the x-rays of the two surgeries. Very interesting.

These are from a set of CD's I bought from the hospital. Supposed to cost $5.00 per CD but I got them free, and learned to extract specific shots from the viewer that is on each CD. They end up in .jpg format and I can fine tune them to improve the contrast and brightness, etc.

Since I've been off email for the most part, I now have a giant collection of Rollei email. I'd like to delete most or all of them, but forgot how to find the archive for the group. Any comments, off line, would be appreciated.

Regards,

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA