[rollei_list] Re: Ikonta Film Spacing was Fuji/Bessa

  • From: Robert Lilley <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:41:48 -0400

I had a Super Ikonta B which I sent to Henry and waited 1.5 years for it to be refurbished. I remember that Henry and I did discuss the film spacing issue at length. When I got the camera back the film still didn't space properly and the 'B' on the shutter didn't work. I sold it and resolved then and there to stick to my Rolleiflex. I think Henry is more attuned to Contax than the Supers. In any event, eleven shots per a roll holding 12 is just goofy. Sigh!

Rob
On Apr 10, 2009, at 9:16 AM, Jan Decher wrote:

Richard,

Not sure if I understand your question. I did have the BX Synchro Compur with the 12 frames. The "new" one I am expecting to arrive in the next couple of days is a plain Ikonta (no RF, hence no "Super") and it is a 6 x 4.5 (or as my grandfather, who was very fond of that model, used to say in German: "viereinhalb mal sechs" (four and a half times six).

Never understood the 11-frames model. Why waste film when you have so few shots between film changes?

Jan

On Apr 10, 2009, at 1:07 AM, FreeLists Mailing List Manager wrote:
Jan
     It seems to me that the Super Ikonta B shoots 11
pictures per roll but the BX, the one with the meter on top,
shoots 12 pictures. What was different between these models?

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA