[rollei_list] Re: Identification of a Rollei TLR

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:54:43 +0100

Prochnow also says that a camera in this range should have a 12/24
gearing and this camera does have the 'hump' ;-).  I would guess that
the camera's meter failed and the owner removed the selenium cell and
just put a blank plate where the meter movement should be.

However, when used with a Rolleimarin model 3 (for 3.5C)& model 4 (for
3.5F), the meter movement has to be removed and so there was a blanking
plate to cover the workings thus exposed and a little tub was also
supplied to place the movement in for safe keeping. The cover plate in
your photos looks very much like a Rolleimarin plate and is definitely
not an 'E3' plate which has an film speed memo dial.

So is there another scenario? The camera was used with a Rolleimarin and
the meter movement was never replaced after use and later someone
removed the selenium cell to repair another camera and put in the
blanking plate........(?)

John