[rollei_list] Re: IKONOFLEX III - EBAY - WOW!

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:05:14 -0700

I don't know! I had a leather case for this camera at the local show, Carson CA, on my half table for $20 with nary a taker. It must be a spotty market.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8, AGCC
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Sep 19, 2005, at 5:58 AM, Roger M. Wiser wrote:

This camera just sold for $455 on ebay. It had 39 bidders .. the winner was "Leica_fun" .
eBay No. 7546404019. It looks like it is a collectors item with the Contaflex type viewfinder. I think good German film cameras are selling ok in this digital era.

Marc, if you are intested, the serial of the camera and lens are indicated in the listing as:

Body - number : L - 63823
Taking lens : Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar f 2.8/8 cm
Lensnumber : 2581592
Viewing lens : Teronar Anastigmat f 2.8/8 cm
Shutter : Compur Rapid
Years of manufacture : 1939 - 1940
It must have been made just when Hitler was unleasing his Stuka dive bombers over Europe.

Roger