[rollei_list] Re: Hy6

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 17:10:40 -0400

Perhaps when they find themselves loosing money to other cameras with "open"
backs they may change their minds and "open" the back to all comers.
OR
They will not as they're really in the back Biz..

I suspect the former.

Here's the history of the future as I see it:

In a couple of months. Before the holiday season a rogue company:
Answering to nobody except having fun and making money will come out with a
prosumer digital medium format back; might also fit large format. Might also
be duck taped to the back of Brownie. Anything which "clicks".

This will break the medium format digital camera industry wide open;
As in people will be able to do it.

This will make quite a lot of quaint gear selling for peanuts under the
glass cases and on auction sites decimal point their value. As in worth
something.

Read it and weep its history which just hasn't gotten around to happening
yet. You read it first here.

mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mark William Rabiner