[rollei_list] Re: Henry Schering

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 19:54:02 -0700 (PDT)

--- El dom 12-abr-09, Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
>  ... I am still puzzled why the original Super Ikonta B
> allows only 11 frames per roll. Perhaps it was done to
> compensate for some irregularity in either film or camera.
> The BX version allows 12 frames. I don't think this was
> simply a matter of its beeing the "deluxe" model.
> Perhaps there was competition from other 120/B2 camereas
> which did yield 12 frames.

The Super Ikonta B instructions manual only says the camera "is arranged to
take 11 pictures 2 1/4 x 2 1/4" in size", there is no another explanation from
Zeiss Ikon in the manual and in some Super Ikonta B ads, the camera "is
arranged" that way.
BTW in 1935 when the Super Ikonta B was introduced in the market there were
some cameras yielding 12 frames with 120 film, f.e. Rolleiflex Standard,
Rolleicord, Voigtländer and other cameras I don't recall now.

Carlos

      Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/