[rollei_list] Re: Help with old Rollei SN 51990

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:07:03 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brick" <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:57 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Help with old Rollei SN 51990

Or buy it directly from J and C Photo:

http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=29

Jim

620 spools are not shorter as the J&C site says but smaller in diameter. They also have much smaller holes for mounting pin and the winding key. I don't know what the dimentions of the Rolleis taking 117 film were. I would test with a 120 spool before going through the trouble of getting 620 film.
Note also that the paper leader is a little different for 620. Somewhere I have the standards for roll film, my memory is that the overall length is slightly shorter although the film length is the same.
Kodak originated the 600 series roll films supposedly to allow thiner folding cameras. Perhaps.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx