[rollei_list] Grossly OT: Cornering the Silver Market

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:46:03 -0400

At 04:06 PM 6/15/05 -0700, Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
>Right next to the two hoarding morons from Texas.

I suspect you are referring to the Bunker brothers, who attempted to do a
Jay Gould clamp on the US silver market in 1980.  One of them went to my
college, I believe, Washington & Lee, but some time before I blackened the
reputation of that institution forever. =20

They were hardly morons.  They were simply adventurists who got caught out.
 Most family fortunes begin with some sort of larceny, in spirit if not de
jure, and I have only the highest regard for a successful thief though,
alas, I do not obtain regular employment from them, as my job as a crimnal
defense attorney mandates that I only obtain employment from the allegedly
unsuccessful ones ...

Now, if I would start playing golf, an unlikely development as I regard
golf as the only negative product of the Scottish Highlands, mayhaps I
would get more business from the descendants of these Robber Barons.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
Cha robh b=E0s fir gun ghr=E0s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505