[rollei_list] Re: Gigapxl Project

  • From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 02:19:09 -0400

On 13-May-05, at 12:53 PM, Stefan Kell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 13 May 2005, Ardeshir Mehta wrote:
>

>> ...snip...
>>
>> Matter of fact, I am going to try doing something like that as
>> soon as I get a lens for my Canon EOS Elan 7, which has a
>> motorised drive. (I intend to shoot an entire roll of 36 pictures
>> in rapid succession hand held, panning throughout the shoot, and
>> then scan them in and stitch them together. Hopefully.)
>
> it would be probably better to use a tripod with a panoramic head.
> The stitching software products are somewhat peculiar about
> orientation. And if you have a line in the picture (horizont or sea-
> level or the like) everyone will notice the distortions.
>
> Regards
>
> Stefan Kell

I get your point, but apparently there is software available that can
correct these distortions.

Indeed for just three or four pictures, my cheapie "Adobe Photoshop
Elements" program does that *automatically*! Check out my Rolleiflex
panorama at

<http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir/.Pictures/Winter05ExptalFarm2.jpg>.

Admittedly this one was taken on a tripod, but I am also working on a
set of 35mm negatives I had taken a few years ago hand-held. The view
is of my garden.

Cheers.