[rollei_list] Re: Funny Googles and Learning

  • From: Ruddy Roye <leicauser503@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:04:22 -0400

Jerry

It is not about liking ones pictures. Its not even about the quality of the pictures.
It is about appreciating what the photographer intent was. We are here to say "well Ruddy, mmmm you really did not hit it or..maaan that thing is on the money." At least that is what I expect from everyone on this site, honesty.
I think we all take pictures for different reason. Its not for me to say maan, what kind a stuff is that or wow youre the greatest because I like your work. Art (huge debatable sugject here) is subjective and what I like you might detest and visi versa. Some like it when people like their stuff(me), others don't care either way(sometimes me:-) )
But in the end, we are here for each other. If you do not feel like submitting stuff, but you give great feedback whether positive or negative, maan then a photographer who is trying to make money from his work(me) will appreciate what you gats to offer(ebonics)

On Oct 20, 2005, at 4:52 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Ruddy,

Please understand that you cannot see my pictures because
I have no digital photographic ability or capabilities.  I have
a Windows 3.1 computer with 64 Meg of RAM.

Some fine people such as Jim Hemmenway and Doug Herr
have scanned some of my prints and slides.  If I can find a
way to send them to you (cannot do it through the RUG), I
will.  They are portraits, scenics and shots of our wolf hybrid,
Sascha.

I have been in Leica photography since 1946, and Rolleiflex
photography since 1947.  I gave up making money in photography
when I graduated from University in 1953. So you see that I
do not have to have people liking my work.

Jerry

Ruddy Roye wrote:

Bob

Let us not start a spitting contest.
That is not the reason why I am "rolling." This site is about rollei
not light meters and Leicas, both of which I have a lot of.
I know you could list a whole rack of stuff you have done, mine might
not be a rack but how do you quantify teaching photography all over the
world to teenagers.
I am/was laughing because I allowed myself to lose it over a topic
that had little to do with the picture and the camera, which is why I
suppose this site was built.
When I googled the photographers names in question, I did not see any
pics. It was more like a "shake my head, kinda, what was I doing, kinda
realization response."
I joined this site because I needed help. I actually got it in less
than ten threads. I also enjoy seeing pictures, so that is an
expectation of mine.
You have to believe that I would have looked for you, Marc's and
Jerry's pictures. There was nothing to see. So I got upset with myself
for losing it.
But in the end that does not even matter because as you yourself put
it, no photographer can see your subject the way you see them. So this
should not be about competition so much as it is about positive
criticism. But not everyone of us can do that either. Some people
feel themselves too big for that too.
But I am here and hopefully everybody else on this site came here to
talk photography, learn about their cameras and see pictures.
Let me preface this for Marc's sake because he claims my English degree
does not cut cheese (Ebonics) "We here to learn from each other."

nuff sed on dat (Jamaican Patois)

Ruddy
On Oct 20, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Bob Shell wrote:

On Thursday, October 20, 2005, at 01:18 PM, Ruddy Roye wrote:

Hey guys

If you all want to see something funny, google each other's names and
see what comes up. I have been doing this for the past two days and
I am rolling

You should do a search on Marc and me on Amazon.com

Bob

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in
the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org

www.royephotography.com