[rollei_list] Re: Friday FS WTB: 2.8D strap

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 23:14:54 +0200

Thanks for the tip Lance.

I tried a shoe repair shop as well as the local pro photo shop (lot's of used stuff there), but so far I haven't been able to find anything appropriate. I'll keep a look out, and I think I can see what it is your describing. I don't use an ER case (bought a tiny Lowe Apex 110 AW bag that fits the camera perfectly - except when I want it hanging from my neck!), so I think leather might offer better wear resistance and strength.

Cheers,
Thor

On 9 May, 2008, at 22:41, Choiliefan@xxxxxxx wrote:

Thor:
I've used a plain old plastic strap typical if the '70's on my 2.8C for years. These straps have a couple small holes about 1/2" apart with a longitudinal slit between them. You slip the strap through the upper strap hanger and secure the strap's larger hole, via the slit to the mushroomed lug on the camera body and pull tight. Trim any excess length which may interfere with the wind or focus knobs. If the strap material is thin enough, it will allow use of the ER Case as well since the locking tabs are thin metal. I can supply pics of two variations on this theme to prove it works. I believe my current strap is OEM off a Minolta SRT-101. Leather works just as well and looks/seems better but is thicker and won't work with the case far as I know.
Health, Peace
Lance
Selma, NC 27576

In a message dated 5/9/2008 3:03:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tlegvold@xxxxxxx writes:
Wow, it's Friday already.

Well, especially now that the 2.8D is back, I need a strap more than
ever. Anyone? Fleenor has one, but he wants like $30 for shipping a
simple strap. Highway robbery, that is.

I was hoping someone else might have one, for sale without gouging me
on shipping...