[rollei_list] Re: Flange focal distance

  • From: Chris Burck <chris.burck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 15:01:27 -0500

Dirk,

I'm no expert on the Rollei QBM, but having seen similar confusion WRT ffd
on other camera mounts, I'm thinking the 44.7 figure may apply to the
flange-to-pressure plate distance (when film is loaded), whereas the 44.5mm
figure represents the flange-to-focus plane distance.  Also, if memory
serves (and please, someone correct me if I'm wrong as I'm half asleep at
the moment), 44.5mm is the M42 screw mount flange distance, and since these
bodies were originally designed as M42. . . .