[rollei_list] Fix or dump?

  • From: Jerry Friedman <tinycameraco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 05:47:13 -0700 (PDT)

Pardon me but you have not received very good advice thus far. Let us say you
do not fix it and buy another one (which may need reapir down the road.) What
are you going to do with present camera? Sell it on ebay as a parts camera and
get $50? So, you are going to have to fix this camera if you want to sell it.
And then, you will only get the money that you will spend again on a newer
camera....and that camera you buy may need attention tomorrow.

If you have fixed it in order to sell it, why not keep it?  You know the camera
and like it. If someone good does the work, you will have, essentially, a new
camera for $210. If you sell it for $50 for parts, you will still have to spend
about $400 for a 2.8 in good condition. That comes to $350, at the least. Of
course you are still out the money you already put in but there is no changing
that now.

I have had very good work and very fast work,  done by Jurgen Kuschnik. His
email address is jurgen.ku@xxxxxxxxxxxx and phone number is 805-427-3929. There
are many other people who work on Rolleis, and then there is Harry Fleenor who
is very good, very expensive and very slow.

It could be just me but I believe that part of owning a quality item, such as a
Rollei, is that it can be fixed. That is why I buy Honda. One lasted 400,000
miles, another 275,000. Don't fix and you might as well have bought a chevy.

You may have bought a beater, but was it a Seagull beater or a Rollei?

Best wishes, Jerry

http://mail.yahoo.com