[rollei_list] Re: Dusk/night shot with Rollei 6008i2 & Scheider Super-Angulon 40mm/f3.5

  • From: Don Williams <3237daw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 23:24:40 -0500

At 10:44 PM 10/5/2018, Thor wrote:

Thought I'd share a recent shot I took while visiting Santa Monica.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/circlesquared/45068868491/in/dateposted-public/>https://www.flickr.com/photos/circlesquared/45068868491/in/dateposted-public/

Comments and criticism are welcomed!

Thor

Interesting shot in two ways.

First of all the exposure is spot on. I have been hit or miss with night shots and fireworks pictures.

Second, I haven't been there in years, not since moving back to Oklahoma City 10 years ago. I'll be back to San Diego in November-December to visit my kids and their kids, and may just drive up to Santa Monica. I will get up to Long Beach to see my sister.

Also- The old Santa Monica Ferris wheel is having a new life here in Oklahoma City in Downtown Airpark (where I worked and flew in the 1950 time frame*). The airport is long closed but is just across the river from down town OKC. The Ferris wheel was refurbished, LED lighting installed, and it sits right at the end of an old runway. I've never driven up to see it at night but maybe this is a reason to do so. [I confess that any pictures I might take would not be on film, though.]

Regards,

Don Williams

*I was in High school at the time and worked as a Junior Mechanic. Now I can see that the main runway is maybe a half mile from the buildings down town. That was never an issue in those days but now I would never fly out of that field. Have a look with Google Earth and you will understand why.

And, yes, It's nice to see some activity on this Rollei Forum