[rollei_list] Do it yourself Rollei repair advice

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RUG <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:01:49 -0700

Hello listers. I am replacing the rollers and film mask bracket in a Rolleiflex. It is the bracket and roller that sits just before and just after the film gate. Yes it is the infamous reflecting roller on one side... not why I am replacing it.

I have two questions. The first roller at the bottom of the film gate is very easy to change. One screw in the middle in a slot. The other one is what I am wondering about. There is no room to get a screw driver in there to loosen and tighten that one screw. Is there some sort of bend around a corner screwdriver sort of like a cable release on a camera. I have never seen such a thing.

The other question I have is that I wonder how that roller is installed in the bracket and can the roller be exchanged and the bracket reused. The reason I ask is that I have, or will have, the black roller and bracket from the GX/FX. I am replacing the bracket from an FX with an old stock roller and bracket from the F. However it would be a bonus if I could figure out how to put the black roller into the old stock bracket. Any idea how I would do that?

thanks
Dennis Purdy