[rollei_list] Re: Disturbing Lack of Traffic & 500mm f5.6 Tele-Tessar

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:03:35 +0100

Just to start start the flow again, if that's really necessary....;-), I
purchased a 500mm  f5.6 Tele-Tessar for my SL66 at Photographica (UK)
last month. I cannot remember the full details of the thread from few
months ago, when one was offered on eBay but as these seem to be rare
and feeling that it was a fair price, I added it to my kit while the
opportunity was there.

I have yet to use it so will be interested to see what it can do but
have first to think of suitable subjects......

The downside is that this is a preset lens but when attached to the
camera and held by the tripod mount on the lens barrel, the balance is
perfect and easy to pan. Because of this, the overall weight and size
does not 'feel' excessive. Being reasonably fast it gives a bright image
in the viewfinder. I hope to have the time to see what it can do but do
not plan to do any back-packing at present!

John

Obviously the list is working, I guess everyone is just
away.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA