[rollei_list] Re: Digital scanning & printing "Down Under"

  • From: Richard Urmonas <rurmonas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:14:27 +091800

Quoting John.Kot@xxxxxxxx:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Can I ask where you are having scanning of MF and lightjet printing
> done?
>
> John

I scan at home using my Epson 4870.  It is possible to get scans done by the
labs, but it can add up.   A
scan of every frame of the film at time of processing is not too expensive.
Not sure of the current pricing
(it is always going down).  The last time I used it (3 years ago ?) it was AU$1
per frame for 1200 dpi scan.
This is enough for a small print.  Prices go up as resolution goes up.

For printing here in Adelaide I use Black & White Photographics (who also do
colour).  From memory
anything up to 8x12 is done on a Frontier machine, but the larger ones are done
on lightjet.  Then the
really big prints (larger than 24x36 inch ??) go to an Epson inkjet.  An 8x10
is AU$3, an 11x14 is AU$6.
Their web-site is:

http://www.blackandwhitephoto.com.au

Richard