[rollei_list] Digital projection

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:24:37 -0400

I'd ask about that here as I had to be OT but I know Richard and others
might know about this.
Harry Potter is at the Ziegfeld  but it says "Digital projection."
To me this smells like a low rez cop out. Like the third star wars I saw in
Portland OR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAX

I just had a real bad experience with Imax its blown up now like an interneg
or inter positive and sitting in the back row felt too close.

Going to the movies has gotten complicated with all the options.
I no longer rush out to see Imax down the street.
And its Imax with 20 minutes of 3d. I think they're going to make you pay 4
bucks for glasses to wear for that?

Mark William Rabiner